ROME PAYS OFF
Ai Weiwei Zodiac "Ox" Candle in Santalum (White Edition)
The Rome Pays Off x Ai Weiwei Zodiac "Ox" candle is hand-poured into an opaque white glass vessel and features the Santalum fragrance. This formula includes organic sandalwood essential oil that is harvested in Hawaii using sustainable practices. The candle arrives in an attractive gift box.
Since the original artwork is composed of Legos, the reproduction of the artwork has an intentional pixilated look.
- Fragrance is a complex array of scent notes, most notably sandalwood, amber, and cardamom
- 8-ounce candle in an opaque white vessel
- All natural wax made from sustainably harvested, food-grade coconut oil
- Featuring Ai Weiwei’s Ox as well as the corresponding years under the Ox Chinese zodiac on the candle vessel as well as the gift box
- Made in the USA by Barratt Riley & Co.
- Burn time is approximately 60–70 hours
About the artwork: The two-dimensional Ox is from Ai Weiwei's Zodiac Lego series, a group of works created from thousands of LEGO bricks that represents each of the 12 animals in the cycle of the Chinese zodiac.
Artwork by Ai Weiwei © the artist
Please note: We recommend trimming the wick to 1/4 inch or less before each lighting. If the flame flickers continuously or smokes, trim the wick slightly shorter. To maximize the lifetime of your candle, allow the wax to fully melt across the surface before extinguishing. To preserve the fragrance and to ensure a clean burning candle, burn no longer than a few hours at a time.
SHIPS MARCH 1, 2021.