ROME PAYS OFF
Basquiat "Hollywood Africans" Face Mask
This is a soft, breathable non-medical mask featuring Basquiat's artwork, Hollywood Africans. The mask expands with the pleats and features an adjustable hidden metal nose wire.
- Exterior artwork layer is polyester/spandex with 2 layers of cotton lining.
- Features a built-in filter pocket (optional to use).
- Adjustable ear loops.
- Pleated cover to fit most sized faces
- Adjustable encased nose wire for a customized fit
- Machine-washable, lay flat to dry. We recommend to remove the rubber stoppers before washing, or knot the elastic to secure.
About the artwork: Jean-Michel Basquiat created this work during a trip to Los Angeles on the occasion of his solo exhibition, Hollywood Africans includes a self-portrait of Basquiat as well as portraits of his friends, the artists Rammellzee and Toxic, who were traveling with him. Basquiat referred to the three as African-Americans in Hollywood and included references to the film industry with its stereotypes of Black characters and limited roles for Black actors.
Image: Hollywood Africans, 1983
© Estate of Jean-Michel Basquiat
Licensed by Artestar, New York
This is not a medical-grade mask and is not intended as a replacement for medical-grade equipment or other recommended measures to stop the community spread of any viruses, including social distancing, washing your hands and refraining from touching your face.
This is not an FDA approved product. This product makes no claims of antimicrobial protection, antiviral protection, particulate filtration, or infection prevention or reduction. This product is not intended for use in a medical setting.