Rome Pays Off
Basquiat “St. Joe Louis” Unisex Hoodie - Black
This is a medium-weight cotton fleece hoodie featuring Basquiat's artwork, St. Joe Louis Surrounded by Snakes.
- 80% Cotton/20% Polyester medium weight fleece in black
- Generous fit
- Fleece lined hood
- Features heavy gauge round drawcord and nickel eyelets
- Ribbing at cuffs and waistband
- Printed artwork appears on the back with a printed detail on the chest
- Machine wash cold with like colors. Do not bleach. Tumble dry low. Do not iron design.
About the artwork: When Jean-Michel Basquiat was a child, his father introduced him to boxing, which would become an important subject in many of his works. He created St. Joe Louis Surrounded by Snakes, depicting a halo over world heavyweight champion Joe Louis, on a painted canvas placed over a shipping pallet. He also makes reference to those around him, the snakes, who took advantage of Joe's wealth and generosity during his lifetime.
St. Joe Louis Surrounded by Snakes, 1981
© Estate of Jean-Michel Basquiat
Licensed by Artestar, New York